Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who are you?

I am a procrastinator. I hate being late, but I always wait until the last minute to get anywhere or get anything done. I plan my procrastinating ahead. "This paper is due at this time, so I don't have to start it until this time." I also like change a lot. I sometimes get really excited about something and put a lot of effort into it, but I sometimes lose interest after just a few weeks or months.

My wife is a hard worker. She [usually] paces herself on her school work. She never turns in anything late, but she is sometimes late to different events.

I have a friend who works weeks ahead on her school work. She also goes above and beyond any requirements. She's never late and she's always in a good mood.

Do these personality tendencies have any connection with our spiritual lives? Is one better than another?

3 comments:

  1. I am like your wife, but I can also be like you. I work hard and get at least the requirements done for any project or event I do. I also can lose interest and find it hard to keep going at something for so long and still keep pulling something new from it.

    I guess you can say that it does relects, somewhat, of your relationship with God. Mine does anyway. I do my devos and pray 6 out of 7 days, but I find myself repeating things I learned from the past and I can't find myself digging deeper. I don't know how. I'm stuck.

    That was a little off topic...maybe. But I definitely think your life reflects your spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can those personality types be changed? Is procrastination wrong or bad? If one is really close to Christ will they stop procrastinating, or is that just a part of his/her personality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything can be changed if you give it to God. Personalties can be changed through prayer and practice.

    I don't know about the procrastination wrong thing.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?