This weekend was the Men of Valor conference at Olathe College Church of the Nazarene. It was sponsored by the National Coalition for the Protection of Children & Family. It was really good. Here are a few highlights from what I learned:
1) Intamacy is more than sex. If you want a happy marriage, you must be more than just sexually intimate with your spouse! You need to spend time showing love in the relationship in general -- words and time are really important!
2) Why in the world did God choose circumcision has the sign of the Old Covenant (Abraham would have offspring and they would be God's people, etc.)?!?!?!?! Well, think about it...who is going to see that sign? Well, Sarai of course! The sign of circumcision was to remind the people of the covenant every time they were to have union with one another!
3) The Father-Son relationship has a huge impact in the sexual purity of a man. Relationships, pornography, and sexual orientation are all impacted by this relationship!
4) Of Friday night's crowd at the conference (perhaps 1400 total men and women) about 95% was raised in Christian families. Of that same 1400 people, 1 person said that their family had open and healthy conversations about sex...and we wonder why Christians are no different than the rest of the world. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT SEX FROM A BIBLICAL POINT OF VIEW!
5) More than just "accountability groups," we need people to walk along side us through our struggles. Not just to hold us accountable, but to love us!
There are so many more good things, perhaps this will get you thinking about how you can honor God with your body and with your relationships.